Star-Spangled Fruit Tart
This crispy, creamy dessert is perfect for a Fourth of July celebration! With patriotic colors and a light, fluffy filling, this summery delight will be the hit of your get-together. —Renae Moncur, Burley, Idaho
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- Press cookie dough onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at
- 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and extract until
- smooth. Spread over crust. In center of tart, arrange berries in the
- shape of a star; add a berry border. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 213 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.