A savory egg salad filling makes these star-shaped sandwiches a hit at any holiday luncheon or buffet. You can use whatever bread you like, but I prefer yellow egg bread.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 slices egg bread or white bread
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt
- and pepper. Using a large star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 16
- stars from bread. Spread half with egg salad; top with remaining
- bread. Yield: 8 sandwiches.