Star Pastry Snacks Recipe
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons plus 2-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1. Unfold pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Remove excess dough and reroll scraps if desired.
- 2. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; brush with butter. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over stars. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 52 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Star Pastry Snacks
"It just tasted like pie crust. No one liked them."
"these r cute and yummy. my younger sister ate almost the whole batch!"