Kathleen Tribble of Buellton, California notes: “I just made this recipe up and it’s wonderful—easy, tasty and great with a glass of milk. Any young chef could help make these. Add cinnamon-sugar and chocolate chips to taste. The size or shape cookie cutter is up to you. Yum!”
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons plus 2-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Unfold pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Remove excess dough and reroll scraps if desired.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; brush with butter. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over stars. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Star Pastry Snacks in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p10
Reviews for Star Pastry Snacks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review