Kathleen Tribble of Buellton, California notes: “I just made this recipe up and it’s wonderful—easy, tasty and great with a glass of milk. Any young chef could help make these. Add cinnamon-sugar and chocolate chips to taste. The size or shape cookie cutter is up to you. Yum!”
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons plus 2-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Unfold pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Remove excess dough and reroll scraps if desired.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; brush with butter. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over stars. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Star Pastry Snacks in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p10
Reviews for Star Pastry Snacks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2012
"It just tasted like pie crust. No one liked them."
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2008
"these r cute and yummy. my younger sister ate almost the whole batch!"