Star Fruit Salad
"My husband and I are both trying to lose weight. We've found that this delicious combination makes a nutritious snack," says Kristin McPherson of Moultrie, Georgia.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 snack-size carton (4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 small apple, chopped
- 4 small strawberries, sliced
- 1 small star fruit, sliced
- 1 small plum, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, honey and lemon juice. Add
- fruit; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 172 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.