Standish House Cranberry Relish Recipe
- 3/4 cup orange or apple juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a saucepan, combine juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Add cranberries and raisins; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3-4 minutes or until cranberries pop. Remove from the heat; stir in nuts. Chill for several hours. Yield: about 3 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 117 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Standish House Cranberry Relish
"I make this every year since it was first in TOH. My family LOVES it!!!"
"This is very easy to make and the taste is excellent. Pairs nicely with pork, chicken or even salmon. Used 1/2 recipe combined with apples for an apple pie and topped with streusel topping...yumm!!"