Standing Rib Roast
Treat your family to tender slices of standing rib roast or use the seasoning blend on a different beef roast for a hearty, delicious main dish. I love to prepare this recipe for special occasions.
Lucy Meyring, Walden, Colorado
10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours + standing
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 cups beef stock
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients; rub over roast.
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up. Roast at
- 325° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand for 15 minutes
- before carving.
- Meanwhile, pour drippings and loosened browned bits from roasting pan
- into a small saucepan; skim fat. Add beef stock to drippings; bring
- to a boil. Serve with roast. Yield: 10 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.