Standing Rib Roast Recipe
Treat your family to tender slices of standing rib roast or use the seasoning blend on a different beef roast for a hearty, delicious main dish. I love to prepare this recipe for special occasions. —Lucy Meyring, Walden, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours + standing YIELD:10 servings
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients; rub over roast. Place roast in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up. Roast at 325° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 2. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
- 3. Meanwhile, pour drippings and loosened browned bits from roasting pan into a small saucepan; skim fat. Add beef stock to drippings; bring to a boil. Serve with roast. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC