Standing Rib Roast Recipe
- 3 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Place roast in a roasting pan, fat side up; rub with seasoning mixture.
- 2. Roast 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- 3. Meanwhile, pour drippings and loosened browned bits from roasting pan into a small saucepan. Skim fat. Add beef stock to drippings; bring to a boil. Serve with roast. Yield: 10 servings.
4 ounces cooked beef with about 3 tablespoons jus equals 322 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 438 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Standing Rib Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.