Stamped by Design Cookies Recipe
“I was afraid if I frosted cookies to give for gifts at Christmastime, they would stick together when stacked in tins,“ relates Sherry Lee of Columbus, Ohio. “So I came up with this idea to use a foam stamp to create an indented design for the frosting. They’re so easy!”
- 1 package chocolate or white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Assorted food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggs and oil until blended. Roll into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until tops are set. Lightly press a 1-1/2-in. cookie cutter onto cookies making a slight indentation. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve a drizzling consistency. Tint with food coloring if desired. Place icing in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Carefully pipe icing into indentations. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 52 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Stamped by Design Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC