Stamp-of-Approval Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 4 medium onions, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, oil and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Discard bay leaves. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stamp-of-Approval Spaghetti Sauce
Sort By :
"I make this and freeze it 1 cup at a time. Great for lasagna, pizza, spaghetti, etc. The taste is excellent and with just the 2 of us the small amount I freeze is perfect. Great recipe."
"This is as close to the recipe my mother used constantly over 80 years past. I have passed this on to all my family members. It does not last long whenever I make it. Everybody wants a sample of what I make. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC."
"This was delicious ! It will be very hard to use jar sauce again."
"I will probably freeze this in quart- size freezer bags."
"This recipe is FANTASTIC just the way it is! You can tinker with the spices, but it's equally great when you don't. I've never made a pasta sauce with Worcestershire sauce in it, surprisingly tasty!"