- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage, onions and garlic over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste,
- water, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, oil and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Discard bay leaves. Serve with
- Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup sauce (calculated without spaghetti) equals 298 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 557 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 2 fat.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now