Stained Glass Gelatin Recipe
Kids love this sweet gelatin and whipped topping dessert from our Test Kitchen team. Use different flavors of gelatin for different color variety. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 6 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups white grape juice
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve the lime gelatin in 3 cups boiling water. Pour into an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. In another bowl, dissolve orange gelatin in remaining boiling water. Pour into another 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until very firm.
- 2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add grape juice. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Pour into a large bowl; refrigerate for 45 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in whipped topping.
- 3. Cut green gelatin into 1/2-in. cubes and orange gelatin into 1-in. cubes. Set aside 8-10 cubes of each color for garnish. Place 2 cups whipped topping mixture in a bowl; fold in remaining green cubes. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Fold remaining orange cubes into remaining whipped topping mixture; spread over bottom layer. Sprinkle with reserved green and orange gelatin cubes. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 122 calories, 4g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Stained Glass Gelatin
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC