Stained Glass Candy Recipe
This recipe gives you two variations—green-colored candy with wintergreen flavor and red-colored candy with cranberry flavor. I like to make both because they look so pretty together on a tray. —Karolin Kershner, Barrington, Illinois
- 3-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon wintergreen oil
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring
- 1. Butter a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in oil and food coloring (keep face away from mixture as oil is very strong). Immediately pour into prepared pan; cool. Break into pieces. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 2 pounds.
1 ounce equals 132 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC