Stained Glass Candy Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon wintergreen oil
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring
- 1. Butter a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in oil and food coloring (keep face away from mixture as oil is very strong). Immediately pour into prepared pan; cool. Break into pieces. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 2 pounds.
To make Cranberry Stained Glass Candy: Substitute 1 tablespoon cranberry flavoring for the wintergreen oil and 7-8 drops of red food coloring for the green food coloring.
1 ounce-weight: 132 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.