This recipe gives you two variations—green-colored candy with wintergreen flavor and red-colored candy with cranberry flavor. I like to make both because they look so pretty together on a tray. —Karolin Kershner, Barrington, Illinois
Recommended: Edible Ornaments
- 3-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon wintergreen oil
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring
- Butter a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in oil and food coloring (keep face away from mixture as oil is very strong). Immediately pour into prepared pan; cool. Break into pieces. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 2 pounds.
Originally published as Stained Glass Candy in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p67
Reviews for Stained Glass Candy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review