Stacked Vegetables and Ravioli Recipe
- 2 yellow summer squash
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 10 fresh basil leaves, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Using a vegetable peeler, cut squash and zucchini into very thin lengthwise strips. In a Dutch oven, cook ravioli according to package directions, adding vegetable strips during last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg and garlic salt; set aside. Drain ravioli and vegetables.
- Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Layer with half the ravioli and vegetables, half the ricotta mixture, seven basil leaves and 1 cup marinara sauce. Layer with remaining ravioli and vegetables and marinara sauce. Dollop remaining ricotta mixture over top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Thinly slice remaining basil; sprinkle over top. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Stacked Vegetables and Ravioli
Sort By :
I followed directions for most part. I used two unpeeled yellow crock neck and one peeled green zucchini
I sautéed the Vegs w galic salt. Other than that I sprinkled mozzarella on top. Very good vegetarian dinner. I would add fresh spinach next time or gr turkey for the protein
We all enjoyed this a lot. Next time, I will chop up the basil leaves for the inner layer--finding a whole one in a bite was a little much!
Enjoyed this recipe. Very tasty and loved the zucchini and squash in it. I didn't have the shredded parmesan on hand, subtstituted part-skim mozzarella and turned out wonderful..Excellent!
I loved everything about this recipe. I made a half recipe as I cooked it for myself. It was easy to assemble and tasted delicious. Now I'm wishing I had made the full recipe!
I have made this a couple times now and my family really likes it. It is like a veggie lasagna, but with ravioli instead of lasagna noodles. It was easy to assemble and made great leftovers. The only thing I changed the second time around was how much squash I used. The recipe calls for too much for our tastes so I only used one of each the second time around.