Stacked Enchilada Recipe
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and shredded lettuce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute pepper in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer or until pepper is crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, beans and onions; heat through. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine enchilada and picante sauces. Coat both sides of one tortilla with sauce mixture; place in a greased 9-in. pie plate. Top with a third of the chicken mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining tortilla, sauce and cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Remove to a serving plate and cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and lettuce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 wedge (calculated without sour cream and lettuce) equals 318 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Stacked Enchilada
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.