- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Green food coloring, optional
- Yellow colored sugar and assorted sprinkles
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cookie dough in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes to soften. Beat in vanilla. Add flour; beat until blended. If desired, tint green with food coloring.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Using a floured 2-in. scalloped round cookie cutter, cut out 18 cookies. Repeat with 1-1/2-in. and 1-in. scalloped round cookie cutters and a 5/8-in. star-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place colored sugar and sprinkles in separate shallow bowls. Dip tops of stars in colored sugar to coat. Roll edges of scalloped cookies in sprinkles. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 6-9 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- If desired, tint frosting green. For each Christmas tree, place a 2-in. cookie on a work surface. Pipe frosting onto center of cookie; top with a 1-1/2-in. cookie. Repeat with additional frosting and a 1-in. cookie. Attach a star cookie to the top using additional frosting. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Stacked Christmas Tree Cookies in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Reviews for Stacked Christmas Tree Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2013
what do you put between the cookies to separate them ?
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >
- Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >