Stacked Christmas Tree Cookies
Using prepared cookie dough gives you a nice head start to your own little forest of Christmas trees. Get the kids involved in this holiday craft to keep them busy making memories.—Sue Draheim, Waterford, Wisconsin
9 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Green colored sugar and red nonpareils
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 9 wrapped Rolo candies
- Gumdrops, halved crosswise
- 9 peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cookie dough in a large bowl; let
- stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes to soften. Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour; beat until blended.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Using
- a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 18 cookies. Repeat with
- 1-1/2-in. and 1-in. round cookie cutters.
- Sprinkle cookies with colored sugar; decorate edges with nonpareils.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 6-9 minutes or
- until edges are light brown. Remove to wire racks to cool
- For each Christmas tree, pipe frosting on top of a Rolo candy for a
- trunk; top with a 2-in. cookie. Pipe frosting on top and bottom of a