- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 small parsnips
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, halved and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Peel potatoes and parsnips and cut into large pieces; place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cabbage, carrots, thyme and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, tomato paste and broth until smooth. Gradually stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the peas, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Drain potatoes and parsnips; mash with milk, butter and the remaining salt and pepper. Serve with meat mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for St. Paddy's Irish Beef Dinner
Sort By :
Made this for our St. Patty's Day supper. My hubby and kids are not big cabbage fans, they didn't even know there was cabbage in it! May become a St Patrick's day tradition
My husband who doesn't like cabbage loved it. Nice hearty meal for a chilly night. I used low sodium beef broth. I'll make this again.
very delicious! everyone loved it!
This recipe was simple and very good. I will be making it again and not just for St Patty's day!!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Irish Dinners >
- Irish Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >