St. Nick Cupcakes Recipe
It's easy to make these holiday cupcakes with ingredients commonly found at your local grocery store. Perfect for celebrating St. Nicholas' Day, as well as Santa Claus himself! Taste of Home Food Styling Team
- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Cupcakes and miniature cupcakes of your choice
- Red sprinkles
- Ivory paste food coloring
- Candy-coated sunflower kernels
- Red shoestring licorice
- Starburst candies
- Miniature marshmallows
- Corn syrup
- White nonpareils
- Frost a cupcake; dip the top in red sprinkles. Tint a small amount of frosting ivory. Using ivory frosting, frost a miniature cupcake for the face. Lay cupcake on its side on top of sprinkled cupcake; secure each with a toothpick. Pipe frosting onto face for hair and beard. Attach sunflower kernels for eyes and nose and a licorice piece for the mouth.
- For hat, place four red Starburst candies on a small piece of waxed paper; microwave on high for 3-5 seconds or until softened. Place candies side by side, using a rolling pin, roll candies together to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into a triangle; form into a cone shape. Press seam to seal; gently form around a small ball of plastic wrap into a hat shape.
- For pom-poms, cut marshmallows in half; roll each half in corn syrup then in nonpareils. Press onto the tip of hat and around brim. Remove plastic wrap from inside hat; attach to head with frosting. Repeat. Yield: varies.
Originally published as St. Nick Cupcakes in Taste of Home's Cupcake of the Week Newsletter 2009, p11/30/09
Reviews for St. Nick Cupcakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review