St. Nick Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Cupcakes and miniature cupcakes of your choice
- Red sprinkles
- Ivory paste food coloring
- Candy-coated sunflower kernels
- Red shoestring licorice
- Starburst candies
- Miniature marshmallows
- Corn syrup
- White nonpareils
- 1. Frost a cupcake; dip the top in red sprinkles. Tint a small amount of frosting ivory. Using ivory frosting, frost a miniature cupcake for the face. Lay cupcake on its side on top of sprinkled cupcake; secure each with a toothpick. Pipe frosting onto face for hair and beard. Attach sunflower kernels for eyes and nose and a licorice piece for the mouth.
- 2. For hat, place four red Starburst candies on a small piece of waxed paper; microwave on high for 3-5 seconds or until softened. Place candies side by side, using a rolling pin, roll candies together to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into a triangle; form into a cone shape. Press seam to seal; gently form around a small ball of plastic wrap into a hat shape.
- 3. For pom-poms, cut marshmallows in half; roll each half in corn syrup then in nonpareils. Press onto the tip of hat and around brim. Remove plastic wrap from inside hat; attach to head with frosting. Repeat. Yield: varies.
Reviews for St. Nick Cupcakes
"Just a few suggestions ~ how about using green mini M & M's or Skittles or mini chocolate chips works too or just plane green frosting using tip #3 or 4. same goes for Santa's nose & mouth...get some ideas too from your little ones...my child is my backup when I get stuck thinking too much about what's next or what to use on my cakes or cupcakes and 99% of the time, my child gives me the cutest and greatest ideas...he's very creative too and we both have lots of fun baking and decorating! :-)"
"It's cute but time consuming. To assist some of the questions or concerns about where to find certain things for this cupcakes or any cupcakes featured, I've always find it easier & more fun to make do with whatever you have in your kitchen, use your creative talents and/or create something new that will work best for your presentation! That's the fun part! Enjoy & Happy Holidays! :-))"
"Hi - We have candy-coated sunflower kernels at our local grocery store. They are usually up by the register in a long, rectangular tube. Hope that helps!?!"
"But where do you find candy coated sunflower seed????????"
"This recipe works beautifully and my family loves it. We will be keeping this recipe."