- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Cupcakes and miniature cupcakes of your choice
- Red sprinkles
- Ivory paste food coloring
- Candy-coated sunflower kernels
- Red shoestring licorice
- Starburst candies
- Miniature marshmallows
- Corn syrup
- White nonpareils
- Frost a cupcake; dip the top in red sprinkles. Tint a small amount of frosting ivory. Using ivory frosting, frost a miniature cupcake for the face. Lay cupcake on its side on top of sprinkled cupcake; secure each with a toothpick. Pipe frosting onto face for hair and beard. Attach sunflower kernels for eyes and nose and a licorice piece for the mouth.
- For hat, place four red Starburst candies on a small piece of waxed paper; microwave on high for 3-5 seconds or until softened. Place candies side by side, using a rolling pin, roll candies together to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into a triangle; form into a cone shape. Press seam to seal; gently form around a small ball of plastic wrap into a hat shape.
- For pom-poms, cut marshmallows in half; roll each half in corn syrup then in nonpareils. Press onto the tip of hat and around brim. Remove plastic wrap from inside hat; attach to head with frosting. Repeat. Yield: varies.
Originally published as St. Nick Cupcakes in Taste of Home's Cupcake of the Week Newsletter 2009, p11/30/09
Reviews for St. Nick Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review