My sister and I came up with this recipe while thinking of spooky, ghoulish foods for a Halloween party. You can also serve the "worms" as an appetizer on party picks with BBQ sauce for dipping. —Diane Eaton, Campbell, California
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- Dash Liquid Smoke, optional
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Cut each hot dog into eight strips. In a large skillet, saute hot dogs in oil until golden brown.
- Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and, if desired, Liquid Smoke; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Squirmy Wormy Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p33
Reviews for Squirmy Wormy Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review