- 1 package (16 ounces) hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- Dash Liquid Smoke, optional
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Cut each hot dog into eight strips. In a large skillet, saute hot dogs in oil until golden brown.
- Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and, if desired, Liquid Smoke; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Squirmy Wormy Sandwiches
"This was a great recipe for kids! My two (7 and 3) LOVED the idea. My husband and I aren't hot dog fans so I split a couple of brats for us and it worked great also. As mentioned by other reviewers, I cut out the canola as I didn't find it necessary but everything else worked great. Would be perfect for a Halloween Party main - especially for children."
"I am going to have that at halloween."
"These were super easy and the kids liked them, though I wasn't sure if I only found them okay due to the hot dogs or barbecue sauce or what. You really can't beat how quick and easy it is, especially if you've got kids to feed!"
"5 stars for Halloween"
"Fun and tasty! It is a bit of work to slice the hotdogs into worms but I loved it. Use regular dogs and not the old fashioned. Great recipe too if you served in bites instead of worms to adults as a party appetizer. No need for canola oil, as hotdogs will produce their own fat in a hot pan. I removed the extra fat and then added the Squirm Sauce to finish. I did not use liquid smoke (horrible stuff). Lea and Perrins W sauce worked well with this."