Mashed acorn squash provides the moistness in these soft golden waffles from Sue Gronholz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. "They are a good way to sneak veggies into to your family's meals without them noticing. Our kids love them, so I always make a double batch," she says.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup mashed cooked acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and
- cinnamon. combine the eggs, milk, squash and butter; stir into dry
- ingredients just until combined. Bake in a preheated waffle iron
- according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve
- with syrup. Yield: 10 waffles.