We enjoy this casserole every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Ranch dressing gives ordinary squash a boost! Sherri Johnson, Burns, Tennessee
8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 pounds yellow summer squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 19)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 envelope buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place squash in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until very
- tender. Drain well in a fine mesh strainer, pressing water out with
- the back of a large spoon.
- Transfer to a large bowl; mash. Stir in the eggs, cheese, mayonnaise,
- cracker crumbs, onion and dressing mix.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs
- and paprika. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for
- 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8