- 2 pounds yellow summer squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 19)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 envelope buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place squash in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until very tender. Drain well in a fine mesh strainer, pressing water out with the back of a large spoon.
- Transfer to a large bowl; mash. Stir in the eggs, cheese, mayonnaise, cracker crumbs, onion and dressing mix.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and paprika. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Squash Supreme in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005 , p120
Reviews for Squash Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2010
"I made this for Thanksgiving a few years ago and made it again this year...I always have to try new recipes and hardly ever go back to the same one. This is excellent and a keeper!"