Squash Stuffing Casserole Recipe
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups sliced yellow summer squash (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add squash and onion. Reduce heat; cover and cook until squash is crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, stuffing and the contents of seasoning packet, chilies, salt and pepper. Fold in squash mixture.
- 3. Pour into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 199 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Squash Stuffing Casserole
"Easy to make & a great taste. Didn't have cornbread stuffing mix so I used stove top stuffing mix for chicken. It didn't come with a seasoning packet so I just added a big dash of oregano & thyme. Turned out fine. Definitely a keeper recipe."
"Lots and lots of flavor. Was too spicy for my kids but husband loved it. May try with only 1/2 a can of peppers next time."
"I used Pepperidge Farm cornbread stuffing, so I didn't have a flavor packet to add. It was fine without it and my family liked it."
"Some stuffing mixes come with a seasoning packet - Zatarain's Cornbread Stuffing Mix is one of them."
"contents of seasoning pack. What seasonings?"