Squash-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Meet the Cook: Even people who don't like zucchini comment on how flavorful this is! If you want, you can also bake the stuffing by itself and serve it as a side dish. -Bernadette Romano, Shaftsbury, Vermont
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 3 slices white bread, torn into coarse crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1. In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Saute onion, parsley and basil until the onion is tender. Add zucchini and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs, egg, cheese, salt and pepper.
- 2. Carefully loosen the skin of the chicken on one side to form a pocket. Stuff each breast with the zucchini mixture. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken is done. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 498 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 206 mg cholesterol, 648 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 50 g protein.
Reviews for Squash-Stuffed Chicken
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC