These pretty vegetable ribbons will dress up your dinner plate. The combination of summer squash and zucchini, shared by our home economists, is steamed and well seasoned for a healthy side.
- 1 small yellow summer squash
- 1 small zucchini
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- With a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut very thin slices down the length of each squash, making long ribbons. Place in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of boiling water. Cover and steam for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, onion powder, rosemary, salt, thyme and pepper. Add squash and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Squash Ribbons in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p65
Reviews for Squash Ribbons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review