Squash Quiche Recipe
This is the only quiche my family cares for-and the only way I can ever get them to eat squash! It's chock full of flavor and fresh veggies, and guests never fail to give it star billing at my holiday brunch.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and shredded
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, peeled and shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash dried thyme
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer; set aside. Reduce heat to 350°
- 2. In a large saucepan, cover and cook the zucchini, yellow squash, carrots and onion in butter over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper and thyme. Spoon vegetable mixture into crust; top with egg mixture.
- 4. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 313 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Squash Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC