Squash Provencal Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set aside. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the zucchini, onion and rice; dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Top with squash and tomatoes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the garlic salt, pepper and reserved juice; pour over tomatoes. Dot with remaining butter.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until rice is tender. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 165 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.