- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set aside. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the zucchini, onion and rice; dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Top with squash and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic salt, pepper and reserved juice; pour over tomatoes. Dot with remaining butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until rice is tender. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Squash Provencal in Reminisce June/July 2009, p48
Reviews for Squash Provencal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2012
"I have searched for over a year for this recipe. I found it in the magazine then lost the magazine. Great for garden bounty of tomatoes, yellow and zuchinni squash"