- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set aside. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the zucchini, onion and rice; dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Top with squash and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic salt, pepper and reserved juice; pour over tomatoes. Dot with remaining butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until rice is tender. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Squash Provencal
Sort By :
"I have searched for over a year for this recipe. I found it in the magazine then lost the magazine. Great for garden bounty of tomatoes, yellow and zuchinni squash"
"Not sure how to pronounce Squash Provencal, but our family sure appreciates the taste and beauty of this dish."