Squash Pie Dessert Recipe
"I adapted this dessert from a pumpkin pie recipe used in my high school home economics class," says field editor Joyce Jackson, Bridgetown, Nova Scotia.
- 1-1/4 cups mashed cooked winter squash
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in milk. Pour into pie shell.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 50-55 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Squash Pie Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC