"I adapted this dessert from a pumpkin pie recipe used in my high school home economics class," says field editor Joyce Jackson, Bridgetown, Nova Scotia.
Featured In: 28 Apple Recipes to Make in a 13x9 Pan
- 1-1/4 cups mashed cooked winter squash
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in milk. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 50-55 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Squash Pie Dessert in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p12
Reviews for Squash Pie Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review