Squash Pasta Bake
"I was cooking summer squash for dinner when my grandchildren informed me they'd just had it the night before," writes Marguerite Shaeffer of Sewell, New Jersey. "To disguise the vegetables, I added pasta, spaghetti sauce and cheese, and the kids loved it! I often make it for lunch these days."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked small pasta shells or small tube pasta
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, saute squash in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in pasta and spaghetti sauce; heat through. Transfer to a
- greased 3-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 5-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is
- melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 241 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 661 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.