This is a great recipe for a delicious fall muffin. The nutmeg and cinnamon are so delicious and add a lot of flavor!Salem Cross Inn, , West Brookfield, Massachusetts
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder,
- nutmeg and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the eggs, squash
- and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans
- to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 272 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.