Squash Muffins Recipe
This is a great recipe for a delicious fall muffin. The nutmeg and cinnamon are so delicious and add a lot of flavor!Salem Cross Inn, , West Brookfield, Massachusetts
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the eggs, squash and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Squash Muffins in Worldwide Country Tours Country Miler
Reviews for Squash Muffins(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2012
I double this because the single batch disappears immediately. Easy and delicious. Add roasted sunflowe seeds!
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2012
Very good tasting muffins. Not real sweet, great complement with a soup dish. This recipe made 2 dozen muffins and 2 mini bread loaves.