Squash Medley Recipe
- 1 medium summer squash, halved sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups diced seeded and peeled fresh tomatoes
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan. Add squash and zucchini. Bring to a boil; cook for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 2. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add the squash, brown sugar and seasonings. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 132 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Squash Medley
"So easy and delicious"
"Simply awesome! A little bit of fussing, but absolutely worth it!"
"made this tonight family really enjoyed, left out the salt and added some red and green bell pepper.will make again,yummy"
"A little salty, but excellent."
"I'm pretty sure that they serve this dish in heaven! Oh, it is total yum-ness! I prefer using the fresh tomatoes, but in a pinch I used a can of tomatoes, and it turned out very good."