Squash Medley Recipe
- 1 medium summer squash, halved sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups diced seeded and peeled fresh tomatoes
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan. Add squash and zucchini. Bring to a boil; cook for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add the squash, brown sugar and seasonings. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Squash Medley(3)
Sort By :
made this tonight family really enjoyed, left out the salt and added some red and green bell pepper.will make again,yummy
A little salty, but excellent.
I'm pretty sure that they serve this dish in heaven! Oh, it is total yum-ness! I prefer using the fresh tomatoes, but in a pinch I used a can of tomatoes, and it turned out very good.