Squash Hominy Soup Recipe
Using frozen cooked winter squash speeds up the preparation time in this delicious soup.
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the squash, broth, hominy and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 203 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 1558mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Squash Hominy Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC