Squash Dressing Recipe
I got this recipe from my husband’s cousin. She always made the luscious dressing for her mother at Thanksgiving
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Prepare corn bread according to package directions. Cool and crumble into a large bowl; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add squash; cook, covered, for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter. Add the onion, celery and green pepper; saute until tender.
- 3. Add vegetable mixture and squash to the corn bread. In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, salt and pepper; add to corn bread and stir until blended. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 311 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 930 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC