- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed cooked winter squash
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream or topping or garnish
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Pour into the pastry shell; bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 45 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Chill. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Squash Custard Pie
Sort By :
"my mom always made her pumpkin pies from hubbard squash that she would cut with a hacksaw in half bake in the oven and then prepare the pie filling so good"
"I made this using Butternut squash fresh from our garden. It is delicious and easy to make.I substituted pumpkin pie spice for the spices listed and it was wonderful.Will definitely use this recipe again!"
"This pie is awesome!!! I didn't have enough heavy cream so I had to substitute half & half for some of it and also used pumpkin pie spice instead of the individual spices listed. The pie came out wonderful and filled my house with an incredible aroma :)"