Squash Custard Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed cooked winter squash
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream or topping or garnish
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- 2. Pour into the pastry shell; bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 45 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Chill. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 361 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Squash Custard Pie
"I made this using Butternut squash fresh from our garden. It is delicious and easy to make.I substituted pumpkin pie spice for the spices listed and it was wonderful.Will definitely use this recipe again!"