Squash Custard Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed cooked winter squash
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream or topping or garnish
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Pour into the pastry shell; bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 45 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Chill. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Squash Custard Pie
Sort By :
I made this using Butternut squash fresh from our garden. It is delicious and easy to make.
I substituted pumpkin pie spice for the spices listed and it was wonderful.
Will definitely use this recipe again!
This pie is awesome!!! I didn't have enough heavy cream so I had to substitute half & half for some of it and also used pumpkin pie spice instead of the individual spices listed. The pie came out wonderful and filled my house with an incredible aroma :)