Squash is abundant in the fall months so I try to come up with many recipes to use them. This casserole is sweet and easy to make.Bill Reifsteck, Oak Island, North Carolina
8-10 ServingsPrep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 45 min.
- 2 butternut squash (about 3 pounds each)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Whole pecans, optional
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and place, cut sides up,
- in a baking pan with 1 in. of water. Cover and bake at 350° for
- about 1 hour or until tender.
- Cool slightly and remove pulp from shell. Mash pulp with sugar, eggs
- and butter; stir in nuts and spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking
- dish. Top with whole pecans if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 45-50 minutes or until set. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 291 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.