Squash Casserole Side Dish Recipe
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups chopped yellow summer squash or zucchini
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil and biscuit mix. Stir in the chili peppers, onion, garlic and half the cheese. Stir in squash.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes; sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 274 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Squash Casserole Side Dish
"My family loves this. Have used combinations of squash. Also, substituted asparagus for the squash and we like that, too."
"I followed the directions to the tee. My squash and onion were not cooked and soft. I was very disappointed."