Our 1-year-old son can be a fussy eater, and my husband is mostly a "meat and taters" man. But both my guys love this cheesy squash bake! Often, I make a double batch of it and take one to the 4-H nutrition class I teach. It's a "hit" there, too. If you're a pressed-for-time cook like I am, this squash casserole will streamline your menu planning.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups chopped yellow summer squash or zucchini
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil and biscuit mix. Stir in the chili peppers, onion, garlic and half the cheese. Stir in squash.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes; sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Squash Casserole Side Dish in Country Woman March/April 1990, p33
Reviews for Squash Casserole Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review