Squash Bake Recipe
Besides serving it at home, I have often carried this casserole to church dinners. It's a unique dish for any potluck table and has always been well-received. I most often serve it alongside chicken.
- 8 cups sliced yellow squash (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups herb stuffing croutons, divided
- 1. Cook squash in lightly salted boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onion and carrots in butter until tender.
- 3. Combine onion and carrots with soup, sour cream and 1-1/2 cups croutons. Add squash and mix lightly. Spoon into a lightly greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining croutons.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 153 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC