- 8 cups sliced yellow squash (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups herb stuffing croutons, divided
- Cook squash in lightly salted boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and carrots in butter until tender.
- Combine onion and carrots with soup, sour cream and 1-1/2 cups croutons. Add squash and mix lightly. Spoon into a lightly greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining croutons.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Squash Bake
"I used cream of celery soup to make this dish vegetarian. Will make again!"
"I turned this side dish into an entree by substituting half the squash for chicken and sprinkling some bacon bits on top for extra flavor. It turned out to be the perfect hearty meal for a cold Fall day. I'll definitely make this again."