- 8 cups sliced yellow squash (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups herb stuffing croutons, divided
- Cook squash in lightly salted boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and carrots in butter until tender.
- Combine onion and carrots with soup, sour cream and 1-1/2 cups croutons. Add squash and mix lightly. Spoon into a lightly greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining croutons.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Squash Bake in Reminisce Extra June 1993, p49
Reviews for Squash Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2014
"I used cream of celery soup to make this dish vegetarian. Will make again!"
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2011
"Very tasty dish. Easy & quick"